top of page

ADBESTBOYEVER BLOG Group

Public·13 members
Emil Fedotov
Emil Fedotov

The Story RETOLD Zip

A retelling of Cupid and Psyche, based on its telling in a chapter of The Golden Ass of Apuleius. This story had haunted Lewis all his life, because he realized that some of the main characters' actions were illogical. As a consequence, his retelling of the story is characterized by a highly developed character, the narrator, with the reader being drawn into her reasoning and her emotions.The first part of the book is written from the perspective of Psyche's older sister Orual, as an accusation against the gods. The story is set in the fictive kingdom of Glome, a primitive city-state whose people have occasional contact with civilized Hellenistic Greece. In the second part of the book, the narrator undergoes a change of mindset and understands that her initial accusation was tainted by her own failings and shortcomings, and that the gods are lovingly present in humans' lives. [Suggest a different description.] Please enter a suggested description. Limit the size to 1000 characters. However, note that many search engines truncate at a much shorter size, about 160 characters. Your suggestion will be processed as soon as possible. Description: Downloads:9,920Pages:298 Author Bio for Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples)

The Story RETOLD zip

In brief Retired Microsoft engineer Dave Plummer uploaded another Windows war story to his YouTube channel over the weekend, this time concerning the history of the handy zip folder functionality that has been a feature of the Windows shell over recent decades.

The DIG History Podcast breaks down laws in the U.S., including Black Codes, Slave Codes and Jim Crow, that have governed the bodies of Black American citizens. To learn more about this topic, LISTEN HERE.

While this wave of complaints started last fall, Douglas Park neighborhood in particular has had a history of spotty service. Problems back in 2015 are the same problems the neighborhood has today: staffing and topography. Many of the residents who spoke with ARLnow for this story live in that area.

District 27 Toastmasters invites you to its annual conference where you can hear phenomenal speakers, attend professional development and personal growth seminars about leadership, negotiation, communication, teamwork, and mentorship. Learn how to develop your personal story and how to improve

A professor of American History at the University of Maryland, Friedel conjures up a world in which it was possible to ask people to remove the new fastener (lest it rust) before they did the laundry, and then to sew it in again.

The Pharisees knew He was telling this story against them and it made them more determined than ever to get rid of Him. But what could they do? Any attempt to arrest Jesus would make the crowds turn against them and there would be just the sort of uprising they were trying to avoid. When the Romans flattened a riot they tended to do it very thoroughly and comprehensively. The Jewish leaders did not want this to happen at all.

Cultural organizer and music director Sweet Corey-Bey is recognized for creating works that shift cultural narratives through immersive storytelling and uplift identity formation.In residency through Dec. 2

What if Bram Stoker's Dracula was based on fact and the legend of the true Dracula could be found weaved throughout history? The Historian is an epic tale of suspense spanning continents, decades, universities, and archives, as a young woman follows in the steps of her father down through some of the darkest periods of the past.

Full of beautiful descriptions of exotic locations, mouthwatering food, and a seeping dread, The Historian is an experience as well as an engrossing read. Revealing its detailed, interwoven story bit by bit, it is a novel you sit with rather than rush through.

Earlier this month, I wrote about Splash Mountain and its source material, Song of the South, which represents so much troubled history for the nation at large as well as The Walt Disney Company. There's no set timeline yet for when the new version of Splash Mountain - or whatever its new name might be - will open to guests, as Imagineers are still in the design phase.

I love PatF. It is definitely worthy of a stand alone attraction, but there really is no need to replace Splash Mtn. I think what will determine if its a great new ride or a lazy retheme will be how they incorporate the final drop into the new story, because it was tailor made to the Brer rabbit story. Its a great classic attraction with one of the best soundtracks on any ride. Im sure Tokyo will keep its original version so its not too sad of a loss for me.

I disagree with this, I think it's unnecessary, political, I'm going to bitter for a long time, I'm still going to call it Splash Mountain, I'm still not over the Great Movie Ride, they ripped out the heart of MGM when that ride went away. I've never seen Song of the South. I thought the characters were original ride IP characters for the longest time. Everything about Splash is iconic, it's my childhood, it's magic/story/music/engineering personified. The ride symbolizes imagination. It was my cure for the real world, ironically.

My view of recent events to reshape our views of history and memorials to that history is of mixed mind. Drawing attention to different aspects of our history is an important aspect of what is going on in our country today, but the unilateral decisions to shift from glorifying contributors to slavery and Black oppression to striking them completely from history regardless of any positive contribution or artistic value of their memorials (most notably the Emancipation Statue in Capitol Hill, DC) is a perfect example of the polarization of our country right now that for some reason can only see one extreme or the other. The failure of our society to be able to re-frame or adjust our understanding of history is sad, and justifies why Disney really didn't have a choice in eventually doing a full re-theme of Splash Mountain, but being able to get Tony Baxter to directly bless this reskinning is an important step to justify this change from an artistic standpoint. Unfortunately, many of the artists and/or subjects of statues and memorials being torn down out of existence are not being given a voice.

However, I'm not willing to further applaud Disney for this move, because in the end, they're just adjusting their moral compass to which ever way the wind is blowing. They did the same on PotC as #MeToo was at its height, and these reactionary changes may seem to be progressive in the face of some of Disney's peers, but are no different than Starbuck's knee jerk reaction to reverse their policy to discourage the wearing of BLM shirts by their employees. In the end, Disney is in business to make money, and while they appear to uphold some level or moral high ground compared to other entertainment companies, they are by no means leaders or trail-blazers. We're all human, subject to biases and making mistakes, and Disney is a company made up of human beings that should understand and recognize past indiscretions and uncomfortable work, not try to strike those from the historical record and pretend that history never happened. In no way should Song of the South be held up as a piece of modern entertainment, but just because Splash Mountain utilized characters and songs from a work with troubled themes when viewed with the modern eye doesn't mean that Disney had to retheme it. Also, while using Princess and the Frog is a natural choice and long overdue to utilize the underappreciated movie on a park attraction, it seems a little like appeasement, concession, or reparation to the BLM movement and not a sincere attempt to make the theme park experience more inclusive (Disney has been leaning on Tiana as "the Black Princess" for over a decade now just like Mulan is "the Asian Princess" and Moana is the "Pacific Islander Princess" without any further integration of races within the parks).

Anyway, yesterday my wife and I are talking about this news and she has never seen any part of Song of the South. So I'm describing it to her and telling her the story and we get to the part where Brer Rabbit gets stuck in the "tar baby" (UGH UGH UGH) and she's like, "WHAAAAAAT?" and I explained how in the ride, they changed it to him getting stuck in honey so....yeah. We talked about it more and we started to wonder, even in the late 80's why Eisner, his teenage son, and Tony Baxter thought it was a good idea to base a ride on Song of the South in the first place. I mean, come on. I understand that because the film has basically been hidden by Disney, many don't or can't make those connections, but the sad fact is that it IS based on an extremely problematic IP. We are both looking forward to this re-theming.

I think Princess and the Frog is an inferior IP, the best thing it's got going is Tiana, the rest is throw away, I'm disappointed because I think it could have been great with a better story. And to me, the Dr. Facilier black villain is not a great representation. Again, just my opinion.

I'm really excited for Tiana to have a spot in the parks. I'm also really happy that the attractions is going to be a new adventure rather than an attempt to tell the story told in the movie. My big question is how they are going to incorporate two of the major characters in the attraction who died in the movie. Both Dr. Facilier and Ray meet their demise in the film and they both sing two of the film's best songs. I'm also very curious to know how they will work in the mountain into a story that is set in a bayou where there is no fast moving water or significant changes of elevation. Not to mention chickapin hill is designed with the red clay found in Georgia, but not to my knowledge Louisiana. No matter what, it's still a great ride experienced and I love the Princess and the Frog story and I'm sure it will create a wonderful new attraction.

I am a graduate of History from the University of Delhi, and a graduate of Law, from Jindal University, Sonepat. During my study of history, I developed a great interest in post-colonial studies, with a focus on Latin America. I... Read More 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page